CCSSC is conducted jointly with BPCACPE – University of Mumbai as an extension of the Certificate Course for Personal Fitness Trainers (CCPFT) which is approved and certificated through the University of Mumbai.
The CCSSC has been designed by Prof Ian Jeffreys (All Pro Performance – UK).
In recent years, there has been an increasing demand for professional knowledge in the highly specialized Strength & Sports Conditioning.
With the rapid increase of professional and amateur Sports at levels across India, there has been heightened interest in this specialist field of S&C. The S&C specialist is able to help the sports coaches and provide conditioning to athletes not only at the international and professional sports levels but also at the level of schools and colleges.
S&C specialists require not only to possess masterly command over the different aspects of Strength Training but also in areas like stability, mobility, flexibility, kinesiology & biomechanics, sports nutrition etc. They are skilled to ensure safe, scientific and injury-free development of physical performance across all age groups.
Prof Jeffreys explaining Gamespeed to The Sports Authority of Goa coaches and fitness professionals from Hyderabad, Pune, Thrissur asl also senior trainers from Norbert’s, Goa.
We, BPCACPE and Gāyo, both have the requisite faculty to jointly deliver the course curriculum. We have the privilege of having Prof. Ian Jeffreys as visiting professor. He is internationally respected as a world authority in Strength & Conditioning with specific relation to mobility and agility. He has been consultant to professional and national sports bodies in China, Germany, Norway, Poland, South Korea, UK and USA. Prof Ian Jeffreys will be delighted to be a Vising Professor in BPCACPE as well.
Home Study Assignments:
- Practical Training ion various formats: practice execution and its delivery to client – at least 5 to be video recorded (maximum marks 300)
- 3 Case Studies Preparation – in not more than 1,500 words each (maximum marks 100 each)
Online – proctored assessment – 3 Theory MCQs papers (maximum marks 100 each)
In Classroom Assessment (maximum marks 100)
Student will be assessed for in-classroom interaction, punctuality, social skills, etc, on basis of OSCE principles
Assessment will be done on basis of University of Mumbai academic standards – as percentage of total marks obtained out of maximum 1,000 marks.
- 0 – 39.99% – Grade F (FAIL)
- 40 – 44.99 – Grade E
- 45 – 49.99 – Grade D
- 50 – 54.99 – Grade C
- 55 – 59.99 – Grade B
- 60 – 69.99 – Grade A
- 70 – 100 – Grade O (Outstanding)
NSQF Level 4 (Skills India – NSDC – SPEFL)
- Minimum 70% out of maximum 60 marks (61 questions to be attempted in 90 minutes in examination which is administered through student’s smart phone.
Upon successful completion of the CCSSC, student will be certified for the following –
- University of Mumbai approved certificate by Gāyo Fitness Academy and BPCACPE: Certificate in Strength & Sports Conditioning Level 1
- Practical Training Workshops –
- “AST 1” Advanced Strength Training – Level 1
- “FST” Functional Strength Training
- “FRoM” Functional Range of Motion
- “PLY” Plyometrics for Agility & Power
- “Kridasan” Sports Yoga
- “Ira” Water Fitness & Conditioning
- “ManTra” Exercise & Fitness Psychology
- “HarTrain” Body Suspension Training
- “AET” Aerobic Endurance Techniques
“FACPR c AED” First Aid & CPR with AED
Student can opt to exit at the end of the PREPARATORY phase of the CCSSC and the certificate will be awarded for the phase completed. Certification Renewal
CCSSC does not need to be renewed.
We recommend certificate holder attending at least 20 hours of CONTINUING EDUCATION / CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT (additional training) in every three years.
Total number of Learning hours
TOTAL: approximately 325 to 350 hours. Total – about 10 months
PREPARATORY – Courses I to VII
- Duration: 5 Months (maximum)
- Working Hours: 5 hours in a day
- Theory: 150 Hours
- Practical: 100 Hours
- Total Hours: 250 including classroom (100 hours), home & online study and practice (150 hours)
MAIN COURSE – Courses VIII to X
- Duration: 5 Months (maximum)
- Working Hours: 6 hours in a day
- Theory: 100 Hours
- Practical: 200 Hours
- Total Hours: 300 including classroom (100 hours), home & online study and practice (200 hours)
Course Announcements / Notice Board
The first composite CCSSC (MAIN Phase) starts November. Preparatory phase is already on. If you are already a certified personal trainer and / or a sports coach, you can still join the CCSSC. Call for details!
Who is Prof Ian Jeffreys? Find out!