This short course leads to First Aid with CPR & AED Drills and Exercise Injury Management (FACPR) certification by GĀYO Fitness Academy. The certificate is valid for 3 years. It is accepted by all US and European fitness education & certification providers and security organizations.
First Aid (FA) is an emergency measure, generally consisting of simple, often life-saving techniques that most people can train to perform with minimal equipment and no previous medical experience. It usually refers to administering care to a human, although it can also be administered on animals.
It is not a medical treatment. It does not replace interventions from a trained medical professional. FA is a combination of simple procedures and common sense.
The aims of first aid are:
- To preserve life: Saving lives is the main aim of first aid.
- To prevent further harm: The person who has experienced the injury must be kept stable, and their condition must not deteriorate before medical services arrive. This may include moving the individual away from harm, applying first aid techniques, keeping them warm and dry, and applying pressure to wounds to stop any bleeding.
- Promote recovery: Taking steps to promote recovery may include applying a bandage to a wound.
CPR stands for cardiopulmonary resuscitation. It helps maintain the flow of oxygenated blood.
An AED, or automated external defibrillator, is used to help those experiencing sudden cardiac arrest. It’s a sophisticated, yet easy-to-use, medical device that can analyse the heart’s rhythm and, if necessary, deliver an electrical shock, or defibrillation, to help the heart re-establish an effective rhythm.
FACPR – AED training and certification is mandatory for fitness professionals across the world. It is part – Module 3.01 – of the following vocation courses –
- Certificate Course for Personal Fitness Trainers – CCPFT
- Certificate Course for Fitness Centre Management – CCFCM
- Certificate Course for Integrated Pilates Teachers – CCIPT
- Certificate Course in Strength & Sports Conditioning – CCSSC
- Certificate Course for Bodybuilding Coaches – CCBBC