CCPFT is jointly conducted by Gāyo and BPCA’s College of Physical Education (BPCACPE) which is permanently affiliated to the University of Mumbai and is accredited in Grade “A” by the National Assessment and Accreditation Commission (NAAC), Government of India. NAAC is the highest central body that accredits higher education through Universities. NAAC has accredited the University of Mumbai in Grade “A-5 stars”.
The CCPFT course is not only one of the most comprehensive personal trainer courses in the world, it is the only one in India to be approved and certificated through a leading Indian University.
CCPFT is accredited internationally @ Level 4 by Europe Active’s EREPS, Brussels. Several other international accreditations are under process.
Phase A – Mid-Course
- Practical Home Study Assignment. Maximum marks 200
- Student is required to make field visits and submit written observations
- Practice exercises from among the exercise formats presented. Video recordings will be submitted for assessments
- Theory Exam 100 Multiple Choice Questions. Maximum marks 100
The subjects covered are: Anatomy, Physiology, Kinesiology, Principles of Diet & Nutrition Management.
Phase B – Course-end
- Real-time (In-Classroom) Assessment. Maximum marks 100
Student will be assessed for in-classroom interaction, proactive participation in class, punctuality, social skills, etc, on basis of OSCE principles. Knowledge of English and regularity on social media are NOT relevant to this assessment.
- Theory Exam: 100 Multiple Choice Questions. Maximum marks 200
The subjects covered will be all –
- practical training workshops including the theory or “physiologies” underpinning them.
- Fitness Assessment & Exercise Periodization
- Case Study: Maximum marks 200
Student has to select one of three case studies and submit it at time of the viva voce exam.
- Practical Training Exam – Peer Teaching Lesson. Maximum marks 100
Each student will randomly pick one exercise from a list of 25 exercises and:
- Introduce himself / herself
- introduce the exercise
- demonstrate the exercise
- teach it to the “client”
- training cues – check for safety, breathing etc
- “close” the exercise session.
- Viva Voce. Maximum marks 100. Oral questions will be asked about the exercise taught, related kinesiology and exercise prescription as mentioned in the Case Study submitted.
ABOVE CCPFT COURSE CONTENT IS BASED ON SYLLLABUS APPPROVED BY UNIVERSITY OF MUMBAI.