Jointly conducted by GĀYO FITNESS ACADEMY and the prestigious BPCA’s College of Physical Education permanently affiliated to the University of Mumbai and graded “A” by NAAC, this vocational course leads to certification by the University of Mumbai vide # Aff No / ICD / 16-17 / 1370 dt Oct 20 2017. The University of Mumbai is accredited by NAAC in Grade “A – 5 Stars” – the highest grade for Indian Universities.
CCFCM is the first University approved fitness centre management course in India.
Our surveys across India show that fitness professional open a fitness business (e.g. a gym) but 90% of them lack the professional knowledge of running the business scientifically. We also see businessmen who invest in gyms without having the requisite professional knowledge of Fitness Sciences.
Our CCFCM brings Fitness and Business together.
- Practical Home Study Assignment MAXIMUM MARKS 200
- Real-time (In-Classroom / webinars) Assessment. MAXIMUM MARKS 100
- Student will be assessed for in-classroom interaction, proactive participation in class, punctuality, social skills, etc, on basis of OSCE principles.
- End of Term Course
- Theory Exam: 100 Multiple Choice Questions. MAXIMUM MARKS 200 – online through website
- The subjects covered will be –
- practical training workshops
- Fitness Assessment & Exercise Periodization
- Case Study presentation & Viva Voce: MAXIMUM MARKS 100. Student has to select only one out of three case studies and submit it at time of the viva voce exam.
TOTAL Marks – 600 Passing Marks: at least 300 out of 600.
Total number of Learning hours
TOTAL: approximately 250 hours.
- Online face to face: 100 hours
- Guided home study: 75 hours
In-person classroom study: 75 hours
Assessment & Certifications
Assessment Grades printed on CCFCM certificates – University of Mumbai.
As percentage (%) of total marks obtained out of maximum 600 marks –
- Below 49.99% – Grade D (FAIL)
- 50 – 54.99 – Grade C
- 55 – 59.99 – Grade B
- 60 – 69.99 – Grade A
- 70 – 100 – Grade O (Outstanding)
The Mumbai University certificate will be awarded with the Grade C, B, A or O mentioned in the certificate.
Certificates will be awarded to students on basis of assessments in –
- Fitness Assessment & Testing and Exercise Periodization
- Exercise & Fitness Psychology
- First Aid & CPR with AED
The CCFCM and workshop certificates do not have an expiry date. They need not be renewed. However, the certificate holder is advised to earn 30 hours of additional training as Continuing Education Units within every three years.