Our Certificate Course for Pilates on Mat Teachers is the foundation upon which our Certificate Course for Integrated Pilates Teachers (CCIPT) based. It is India’s first formally structured Pilates Teacher Training program that was launched in India in 2009.
The other two modules that lead to CCIPT are –
- Pilates on Ball
- Pilates on Reformer
BPCACPE is accredited in Grade “A” by the National Assessment and Accreditation Commission (NAAC), Government of India. NAAC is the highest central body that accredits higher education through the Universities. NAAC has accredited the University of Mumbai in Grade “A-5 stars”.
We will conduct the Pilates and other courses independent of BPCACPE who will continue to extend its support and contribution in third-party external quality assurance as per NAAC guidelines, guide us in internal quality assurance.
The proposal for an independent approval of our Pilates courses is pending with the University of Mumbai. This approval is expected in the academic year 2022-23.
In recent years, there has been increasing demand for professional knowledge in the distinctive exercise format of Pilates.
In the Indian context, Pilates is the most appropriate form of exercise for the following reasons:
- In current COVID-19 conditions that are likely to continue for some years, Pilates offers opportunities to develop aerobic endurance,
- Is most well suited to the Indian psyche and fitness aspirations – fat loss, muscle tone, local muscular endurance and flexibility,
- It does not require weight training,
- It requires minimum space and equipment,
- It is suitable for exercisers in all age groups – from age 6 upwards,
- Pilates can be used as part of personal training, strength and conditioning, exercise therapy. It is useful for athletes, general fitness enthusiasts as also children and senior citizens
- Offers vocational opportunities in an area of Physical Education and Fitness in which market demand is growing rapidly, mainly due to its therapeutic and health applications
Pilates on Mat course objectives
- To prepare fitness professionals in Pilates on Mat Teaching.
- To enhance the quality of Physical Education Teachers through this value-added course.
- To understand the basic concepts of Exercises Sciences in the particular context of Pilates.
- To enable the learner to understand the basic structure and function of human body in the particular context of Pilates.
- To acquire the knowledge regarding effect of exercise on the body as a whole in the particular context of Pilates.
- To understand the Principles of Exercise Sciences practically applied to 16 Fitness Goals / Types on basis of eight general categories of Training Methodologies including body weight training of which Pilates is a major element.
- To understand the Biomechanical and Physiological aspects of Pilates exercise.
- To study the posture related deformities and corrective exercises.
- To acquire the knowledge pertaining to the legal issues and documentation
- To study the principles of training related to Pilates exercise.
- To study and learn the anthropometry and fitness related tests.
- To enable the student to deliver professional knowledge in Pilates on basis of sound psycho-social principles.
- The exam will be in equal parts THEORY and PRACTICAL
- Marking will be as follows:
- Course I: 50 marks
- Course II: 50 marks
- Course III: 50 marks
- Course IV: 50 marks
- Course V: 150 marks
- Course VI: 50 marks
TOTAL MARKS: 400 marks
- Duration of examination
- Course I: 01 hour
- Course II: 01 hour
- Course III: 01 hour
- Course IV: 01 hour
- Course V: 02 hours
- Course VI: 01 hour
- Questions paper pattern:
- Course I: 2 Essay Questions (10 marks each) + 30 MCQs (1 mark each)
- Course II: 2 Essay Questions (10 marks each) + 30 MCQs (1 mark each)
- Course III: 2 Essay Questions (10 marks each) + 30 MCQs (1 mark each)
- Course IV: 2 Essay Questions (10 marks each) + 30 MCQs (1 mark each)
- Course V:
- Practical Demonstration of any 2 exercises (25 marks each)
- Practical TEACHING of any 2 exercises (25 marks each)
- VIVA VOCE at end of examination (25 marks)
- Home Assignments (25 marks)
- Course VI: 2 Essay Questions (10 marks each) + 30 MCQs (1 mark each)
The students failed in the examination shall have to reappear for the next examination (within 2 years) including theory and practical by paying examination fees.
Total number of Learning hours
TOTAL duration of Pilates on Mat –
- Guided Home Study: 120 hours
- Face – to – Face: 230 hours
||Face to Face
(OL1 + CR2)
|Guided Home Study
|Anatomy & Physiology
||10 + 15 = 25
|Kinesiology & Biomechanics
||15 + 10 = 25
|Fitness Assessment & Periodization
||10 + 20 = 30
|Pilates – His Philosophy
||05 + 05 = 10
|Exercise & Fitness Psychology
||10 + 10 = 20
|Pilates on Mat
||60 + 40 = 100
||00 + 20 = 20
||110 + 120 = 230
|1OL Online via Zoom 2CR Classroom / physical / in-person
Assessment & Certifications
Assessment Grades are printed on the certificates:
As percentage (%) of total marks obtained out of maximum 600 marks –
- Below 49.99% – Grade D (FAIL)
- 50 – 54.99 – Grade C
- 55 – 59.99 – Grade B
- 60 – 69.99 – Grade A
- 70 – 100 – Grade O (Outstanding)
The certificate/s will be awarded with the Grade C, B, A or O mentioned therein.