The Certificate Course for Integrated Pilates Teachers (CCIPT) is India’s first formally structured Pilates Teacher Training program that was launched in India in 2009.
Europe Active – European Register of Exercise Professionals (EREPS) have internationally accredited CCIPT as Level 4 Pilates Trainer course on basis of its –
- comprehensive knowledge delivery,
- strict and credible assessment system, and
- stringent internal quality assurance protocols.
CCIPT will now be conducted jointly with the BPCA’s College of Physical (BPCACPE), permanently affiliated to the University of Mumbai, currently as an extension of the Certificate Course for Personal Fitness Trainers (CCPFT) which is approved and certificated under the University’s letter # Aff No / ICD / 16-17 / 1370 dt Oct 20 2017.
BPCACPE is accredited in Grade “A” by the National Assessment and Accreditation Commission (NAAC), Government of India. NAAC is the highest central body that accredits higher education through the Universities. NAAC has accredited the University of Mumbai in Grade “A-5 stars”.
In recent years, there has been increasing demand for professional knowledge in the distinctive exercise format of Pilates.
In the Indian context, Pilates is the most appropriate form of exercise for the following reasons:
- In current COVID-19 conditions that are likely to continue for some years, Pilates offers opportunities to develop aerobic endurance,
- Is most well suited to the Indian psyche and fitness aspirations – fat loss, muscle tone, local muscular endurance and flexibility,
- It does not require weight training,
- It requires minimum space and equipment,
- It is suitable for exercisers in all age groups – from age 6 upwards,
- Pilates can be used as part of personal training, strength and conditioning, exercise therapy. It is useful for athletes, general fitness enthusiasts as also children and senior citizens
- Offers vocational opportunities in an area of Physical Education and Fitness in which market demand is growing rapidly, mainly due to its therapeutic and health applications
- To prepare fitness professionals in Pilates Teaching.
- To enhance the quality of Physical Education Teachers through the value added course.
- To understand the basic concepts of Exercises Sciences in the particular context of Pilates.
- To enable the learner to understand the basic structure and function of human body in the particular context of Pilates.
- To acquire the knowledge regarding effect of exercise on the body as a whole in the particular context of Pilates.
- To understand the Principles of Exercise Sciences practically applied to 16 Fitness Goals / Types on basis of eight general categories of Training Methodologies including body weight training of which Pilates is a major element.
- To understand the Biomechanical and Physiological aspects of Pilates exercise.
- To study the posture related deformities and corrective exercises.
- To acquire the knowledge pertaining to the legal issues and documentation
- To study the principles of training related to Pilates exercise.
- To study and learn the anthropometry and fitness related tests.