Specialist In Strength & Conditioning – SSC
NOTE: Additional charges will be levied for language translation, shipping, etc. Fee may change without prior notice due to FOREX fluctuations, statutory tax changes, etc, Check fee prior to enrolment.
SSC is considered to be one of the most powerful courses in Strength & Sports Conditioning. Personal trainers with good certification and adequate strength training experience will find SSC useful for conditioning a wide range of sportspersons. Practical, easy to understand. Is very well supported by post-enrolment academic guidance and mentoring by both ISSA and Gāyo Fitness Academy, at no additional cost.
- Joints and their Motions
- Muscles and their Actions
- The Pulmonary System and Exercise
- Cardiovascular Exercise Physiology
- Muscle Physiology
- Temperature Regulation
- Exercise in the Heat and Cold
- Obesity and Body Composition
- Measuring Fitness: Strength, Power, Endurance, Speed, and Agility
- Increasing Sports Power through Skill Development and Video
- Calories Used during Exercise
- Principles of Training and Adaptation
- Endurance Fitness
- Muscle Strength
- Jumping and Plyometrics
- Power and Speed
- Designing Training Programs
- Baseball and Softball
- Track and Field
- Weightlifting and Powerlifting
- Nutrition for Health and Performance
- Ergogenic Aids
- Drugs and Supplements
- Sports Psychology for the Personal Trainer
- Preventing Athletic Injuries
- Managing Common Athletic Injuries and Illnesses
Both the Course Quiz (preliminary) and the Home Study Final Examinations must be submitted to ISSA within FOUR months from the date of enrolment / date of receipt of study materials whichever is later. Student will study from home and write the examinations from home. Exams may be submitted online through http://www.issatrainer.com or offline through typed / hand-written answer sheets.
– ISSA provides original text book/study material. The cost of material is included in the fee.