Mr. Dilip Heblé
With several qualifications and experience of over 37 years in fitness sciences, Dilip Heblé is rated as one of India’s leading sports-conditioning and medical rehab specialists.
As Founder and CEO of GAYO FITNESS ACADEMY, Dilip represents, promotes and teaches programs of the following world-leading organisations:
- International Sports Sciences Association (ISSA), USA: Seven specialist courses in Fitness & Nutrition.
- First Aid International (UK): CPR and First Aid Courses for adults, children, etc.
Dilip also leads GĀYO’s faculty in teaching in-house developed programs across India and South Asia and Middle East. Many of these education programs are jointly conducted with BPCA’s College of Physical Education, which is permanently affiliated to the University of Mumbai.
Dilip started training fitness professionals in 1996. He has been associated with the ISSA since 1999. He tied up with the Pilates Institute of America (PIA) from 2008 till 2014 when PIA stopped its teacher training courses.
Over the last 19 years Dilip and his team of 30 faculty members have trained over 16,000 specialists in general fitness, medical rehab, sports-conditioning, etc., in 23 training venues across India.
Dilip has offered consulting and / or managed nearly 25 commercial fitness clubs across India. Over the last 20 years, he managed and / or provided consulting to fitness centres that are part of India’s leading racquet clubs and “gymkhanas” including Juhu Vile Parle Gymkhana, Goregaon Sports Club, Club Millennium (all in Mumbai), Add Life Spa and Gym (Kolkata), etc. Corporate fitness clients have included Axis Bank, BILT / Avantha, Procter & Gamble, etc.
All in all, with a team of over 140 fitness trainers, physiotherapists, bio-mechanists and nutritionists under him, Dilip has looked after the wellness of over 107,000 clients across India.
During his brief stint in the Indian Police Service (1979 batch – Maharashtra cadre), he was actively associated with the organisation of national-level events like the All-India Police Games and CHOGM Retreat security arrangements in Goa, 1982.
He has worked extensively with several state police organisations in areas of physical conditioning, life-survival courses, etc.
He contributes articles and columns regularly to magazines like India Today, Times of India group publications, Men’s Health, etc. He also speaks on fitness related issues in educational institutions, social organisations like the Rotary Clubs, Lion Clubs and corporate houses in Mumbai and elsewhere in India. [He is proud of the fact, in particular, that he wrote the cover story on Fitness for India Today in September 2006.]
Gāyo Fitness Academy believes that the health and fitness of our communities and nation can be meaningfully enhanced by our students’ success as –
- Fitness (Health & Lifestyle)
- Sports, and
- Nutrition Professionals.
GĀYO endeavours to inspire our students to positively influence the quality of life of each individual with whom they interact and guide.
GĀYO is unconditionally committed to providing the highest quality education and training programs available in order to –
- offer world class career opportunities in Fitness, Sports and Nutrition in the context of not only today’s but tomorrow’s world
- enable our students to be in a commanding position as when Fitness is formally recognised as an industry by the Government of India
- contribute to the health of all communities and countries where our students work
GĀYO endeavours to be seen and respected as a national leader and one of the world’s top 10 in Fitness Education and Training through –
- delivery of quality fitness education and personal training certification to those desirous of pursuing these vocations
- development of knowledge and skills sets courses and their delivery through development of world class Faculty as well as teaching and learning resources
- creation of opportunities for development of skills necessary to construct and pursue vocational careers in Fitness, Sports and Nutrition
- provision of free post-enrolment guidance, mentoring and support student and alumni services and support
- Provision of consulting and management services to commercial, corporate and other fitness centres